The Pajaro River Watershed Flood Prevention Authority (PRWFPA) is committed to enhanced digital accessibility. Our website was developed in compliance with California Government Code section 7405, which requires that all state agencies comply with Section 508 of the federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. PRWFPA’s website was developed to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA success criteria and includes enhanced mobile optimization and compatibility with assistive technologies.
If you are experiencing any difficulty navigating the site due to a disability, please contact us and we will assist you in making this information available.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
The website adheres to WCAG 2.1 AA Guidelines and Success Criteria organized under the following 4 principles:
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
- Provide captions and other alternatives for multimedia.
- Create content that can be presented in different ways, including by assistive technologies, without losing meaning.
- Make it easier for users to see and hear content.
- Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Give users enough time to read and use content.
- Do not use content that causes seizures.
- Help users navigate and find content.
- Make text readable and understandable.
- Make content appear and operate in predictable
- Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Maximize compatibility with current and future user tools
- These additions increase the level of accessibility and empowerment to our audience in creating a fully accessible website and documents.
Listed below are accessibility features, tools, and navigation methods available across the website.
If you are experiencing any difficulty in navigating the site due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (831) 883-3750 and we will work with you to make the information available.